Tuesday 24 September 2013

Zoo Excursion

Zoo Day On the 28th of August in 2013 our class, Room 9 and Room 17 went on an excursion to the Perth Zoo on a bus.
First, we went to the Australian Bushwalk and saw kangaroos, emus, tree kangaroos, echidnas, crocodiles, wallabies and penguins. We went to the Reptile Encounter and saw two cute turtles. They were so cute that Ryan and I wanted to keep them!
Next, we went to the Asian Rainforest where we saw one elephant getting ready for an elephant walk. We also saw alligators, one was blurry and the other one didn’t show. The orang-utans were funny because the baby orang-utan got water from a leak on the roof!
Then we went to the African Savannah. We saw tortoises and meerkats, which were funny. I saw zebras playing together and they were so dusty when they stopped. Cheetahs were so lazy, when we saw them they didn’t run. I saw baboons but I didn’t see their red bottoms!
Finally, I went to the Nocturnal House, it was dark but I could see. I saw ghost bats and I saw one that ate a mouse! It was freaky. I also saw owls and I liked their eyes best. I saw a scorpion and when the light came off the scorpion was glowing!
My favourite animal was the meerkats because one was sitting down and then another one sat down on him or her. Then another one sat on the one that sat on the other and then the one on the bottom tried to get up and then they fell!
Written by Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment